- Getting Started
- Logo & Customization
- Homepage Slideshow
- Thumbnails Size
- Menu Configuration
- Custom Page Templates
- Custom Widgets
- Theme Support
Getting Started back to top
Before you start using our themes, we recommend that you take a look at the Getting Started Documentation page. It contains information about installing a WordPress theme, answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as recommended plugins.
Logo & Customization back to top
To customize some parts of the theme, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
Homepage Slideshow back to top
Kingfisher Theme has a slideshow on the homepage. This slideshow can be displayed on the homepage, archive pages and all other inner pages. Please follow these quick steps in order to properly configure the slideshow:
- From the Dashboard go to HermesThemes > Theme Options.
- Click on the Homepage Settings tab.
- Select a static page that contains uploaded (attached) images. These images will be used in the slideshow.
- Click Save Changes.
Make sure that the selected static page has attached images to it. To attach images to a page, follow these steps:
- On the Edit Page screen, click on Add Media.
- Select the Upload Files tab.
- Click Select Files and choose some images to upload.
- After uploading the images, make sure that they are displayed in Media Library > Uploaded to this page.
Thumbnails Size back to top
Our themes use the native WordPress image uploader combined with a couple of custom images sizes, as defined in functions.php. Here is a list of custom sizes used by the theme:
- 1100×600 – used for the slideshow on homepage and single post/page pages.
- 760×500 – used by the Hermes: Featured Pages widget.
Menu Configuration back to top
Our themes fully support WordPress Custom Menus. If you are not familiar yet with this WordPress feature, please check the official WordPress Menu User Guide, which contains very detailed information about this feature.
Custom Page Templates back to top
All of our themes come with built-in custom page templates, each for different purposes. All of these templates can be used for multiple pages, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single page of a given template.
Kingfisher Theme currently includes these custom page templates:
- Attractions List – can be used for directory pages. Examples: here.
- Contact – a page with a special block for a map embed. Example: here.
- Full Width – for full width pages with no sidebars. Example: here.
- Gallery – displays uploaded images as a grid for the active page and for child pages. Example: here.
- Room Type – Example: here.
- Rooms List – can be used to display child pages in a grid format. Example: here.
Some of these page templates include additional options. After choosing a template for your page, click on “Save Draft”, “Publish” or “Update”, to save your changes. After that, pay attention to the additional options that will appear on the page, as in the screen-show on the right.
Different page templates have different options, so be sure to check them out. Some page templates don’t have additional options, such as the Blog Archives template.
Custom Widgets back to top
All of our themes come with custom widgets that add additional flexibility to the theme. All of our widgets can be used multiple times, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single widget instance. The title for all of our widgets starts with Hermes: , so you can easily identify them. Some examples of such widgets:
- Hermes: Contacts
- Hermes: Featured Pages
The Live Demo for the theme uses the following widgets structure, in case you want to replicate the same content layout.
Theme Support back to top
If any problem occurs during the installation process, or if the theme for some reason behaves differently than expected, you can always rely on our Hermes Customer Support.