Back in September of 2014 I have released a video tutorial on how to build a new WordPress website using our Leonardo theme.
That tutorial was of great help to our customers, as it demonstrated many features of the theme.
I decided to start 2016 by releasing an even more detailed video with audio commentary, this time demonstrating our latest Pinotage theme. I suggest watching it in full screen with HD quality enabled.
The tutorial was shot on 15th of January using WordPress version 4.4.1, Pinotage theme version 1.0.
Video: Step by Step
- [01:25 – 02:40] How to create and set up the Homepage slideshow (the one above the menu).
- [02:40 – 03:25] How to change the order of the images in the slideshow.
- [03:25 – 10:50] How to create the Rooms pages by using the “Rooms List” and “Room Type” custom page templates.
- [04:30 – 05:45] How to use the “Page Options” custom meta box in order to enable/disable the built-in slideshow inside the pages.
- [11:35 – 15:10] How to set up the “Check Availability” button on Room pages and the “Booking” button that appears on top of the slideshow images.
- [16:10 – 19:15] How to create the Photo Gallery page using the Gallery custom page template.
- [19:25 – 20:25] How to create and set up the Main Menu.
- [20:25 – 21:30] How to upload your own logo (banner image).
- [21:35 – 24:25] How to create and set up the Attraction pages by using the “Attractions List” and “Attraction” custom page templates.
- [24:30 – 25:30] How to change the order of pages that are displayed by the Attractions List and Rooms List page templates.
- [25:55 – 28:25] How to create the Testimonials page and add your own testimonials.
- [28:40 – 31:40] How to create and set up a “Team” or “Staff” page using the “Attractions List” custom page template.
- [31:40 – 32:25] How to create and set up the secondary menu, the one that appears to the right of (or beneath) the logo.
- [32:25 – 32:40] How to create and set up the tertiary menu, the one that appears in the footer beneath the footer logo.
- [32:40 – 33:10] How to add your telephone, address and email address to the footer, to the right of the footer logo.
- [33:10 – 33:40] How to remove the “Designed by HermesThemes” link from the footer.
- [33:45 – 35:20] How to set up the 3 Featured Pages on the homepage, the ones that appear below the main menu.
- [35:35 – 38:55] How to add widgets to the 5 widgetized columns in the footer.
- [39:00 – 42:55] How to add widgets to the 2 widgetized columns on the homepage.
- [43:50 – 45:00] How to create and set up a “Blog Archives” page using the “Blog Archives” custom page template.
- [45:10 – 46:15] How to create and set up the Contact Us page using the Contact Form custom page template.
- [46:45 – 49:45] Other features and options available from the Theme Options page.
- [49:45 – 53:05] How to change some basic fonts and colors using the Appearance: Customize page, without changing any code.
WordPress Themes & Website Support for Independent Hotels & Inns
HermesThemes is a family-run business that helps independent hoteliers and innkeepers create, maintain and improve their websites. Since launching in 2013 we have helped hundreds of independent property owners to take control and make sense of it all.