Back in September of 2014 I have released a video tutorial on how to build a new WordPress website using our Leonardo theme.That tutorial was of great help to our customers, as it demonstrated many features of the theme.
I decided to start 2016 by releasing an even more detailed video with audio commentary, this time demonstrating our latest Pinotage theme. I suggest watching it in full screen with HD quality enabled.
The tutorial was shot on 15th of January using WordPress version 4.4.1, Pinotage theme version 1.0.
Video: Step by Step
- [01:25 – 02:40] How to create and set up the Homepage slideshow (the one above the menu).
- [02:40 – 03:25] How to change the order of the images in the slideshow.
- [03:25 – 10:50] How to create the Rooms pages by using the “Rooms List” and “Room Type” custom page templates.
- [04:30 – 05:45] How to use the “Page Options” custom meta box in order to enable/disable the built-in slideshow inside the pages.
- [11:35 – 15:10] How to set up the “Check Availability” button on Room pages and the “Booking” button that appears on top of the slideshow images.
- [16:10 – 19:15] How to create the Photo Gallery page using the Gallery custom page template.
- [19:25 – 20:25] How to create and set up the Main Menu.
- [20:25 – 21:30] How to upload your own logo (banner image).
- [21:35 – 24:25] How to create and set up the Attraction pages by using the “Attractions List” and “Attraction” custom page templates.
- [24:30 – 25:30] How to change the order of pages that are displayed by the Attractions List and Rooms List page templates.
- [25:55 – 28:25] How to create the Testimonials page and add your own testimonials.
- [28:40 – 31:40] How to create and set up a “Team” or “Staff” page using the “Attractions List” custom page template.
- [31:40 – 32:25] How to create and set up the secondary menu, the one that appears to the right of (or beneath) the logo.
- [32:25 – 32:40] How to create and set up the tertiary menu, the one that appears in the footer beneath the footer logo.
- [32:40 – 33:10] How to add your telephone, address and email address to the footer, to the right of the footer logo.
- [33:10 – 33:40] How to remove the “Designed by HermesThemes” link from the footer.
- [33:45 – 35:20] How to set up the 3 Featured Pages on the homepage, the ones that appear below the main menu.
- [35:35 – 38:55] How to add widgets to the 5 widgetized columns in the footer.
- [39:00 – 42:55] How to add widgets to the 2 widgetized columns on the homepage.
- [43:50 – 45:00] How to create and set up a “Blog Archives” page using the “Blog Archives” custom page template.
- [45:10 – 46:15] How to create and set up the Contact Us page using the Contact Form custom page template.
- [46:45 – 49:45] Other features and options available from the Theme Options page.
- [49:45 – 53:05] How to change some basic fonts and colors using the Appearance: Customize page, without changing any code.