In the following video I will show you how easy it is to build a hotel website from scratch using just WordPress and one of our WordPress themes: Leonardo Theme. You will learn how to use the Theme Options page and some of the custom page templates that are included in the theme.
The video is 26 minutes long and has no sound, but the process is easy to replicate and doesn’t require much commentary. If you have some questions about any of the steps demonstrated, feel free to contact us.
I am using Leonardo Theme in this demo, but the process is pretty much the same with any of our themes.
The source of the text and photos used for this demo is the website of one of our customers, Siena House (Tuscany, Italy) using the Belafonte WordPress Theme.
Video: Step by Step
- [00:10 – 00:40] Installing of WordPress;
- [00:55 – 01:10] Installing Leonardo WordPress Theme;
- [01:20 – 01:33] How to Upload your own custom logo; (a separate video tutorial)
- [01:35 – 02:50] How to Create the Photo Gallery Page; (a separate video tutorial)
- [02:50 – 03:10] Create and Set-up the Main Menu;
- [03:30 – 04:50] Set-up the Homepage Welcome Page (specific to Leonardo Theme);
- [04:55 – 08:25] Create a static parent page and some child pages;
- [08:25 – 08:50] Update the Main Menu with links to the new pages;
- [09:15 – 14:55] Create and Set-up the Rooms & Rates pages; (a separate video tutorial)
- [15:00 – 15:30] Create a Booking Form page;
- [15:35 – 16:15] Set-up the 3 Featured Pages on the Homepage;
- [16:55 – 18:55] How to Set-up and Use WordPress Widgets;
- [19:10 – 21:35] Create and Set-up the Testimonials page;
- [22:20 – 25:15] Create and Set-up the Attractions pages;
- [25:20 – 25:35] Update the Main Menu with links to the new pages;
This is how you can build a hotel website from scratch in less than 30 minutes using just WordPress. Of course there are many other things that you can have on a website, but this is a pretty good overview of how WordPress works. As you can see, there is nothing difficult about using it, especially when you get a good understanding of the process.
If you found this quick video demonstration useful, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
One Reply to “How to Build a Hotel Website with WordPress [VIDEO]”
With sound may be would be easier to follow…