- Getting Started
- Logo & Customization
- Homepage Slideshow
- Thumbnails Size
- Menu Configuration
- Custom Page Templates
- Theme Support
Getting Started back to top
Before you start using our themes, we recommend that you take a look at the Getting Started Documentation page. It contains information about installing a WordPress theme, answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as recommended plugins.
Logo & Customization back to top
To customize some parts of the theme, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
Homepage Slideshow back to top
Castello Theme has a full-screen slideshow on the homepage and all other pages. Please follow these quick steps in order to properly configure the slideshow:
- In your Dashboard, go to HermesThemes > Theme Options.
- Click on the Homepage Settings tab.
- Select a static page that contains uploaded (attached) images. These images will be used in the slideshow.
- Click Save Changes.
Make sure that the selected static page has attached images to it. To attach images to a page, follow these steps:
- On the Edit Page screen, click on Add Media.
- Select the Upload Files tab.
- Click Select Files and choose some images to upload.
- After uploading the images, make sure that they are displayed in Media Library > Uploaded to this page.
Thumbnails Size back to top
Our themes use the native WordPress image uploader combined with a couple of custom images sizes, as defined in functions.php. Here is a list of custom sizes used by the theme:
- 1200×800 – used for the slideshow on homepage and single post/page pages.
- 150×90 – used in the Gallery custom page template.
- 100×60 – used in the archive pages.
Menu Configuration back to top
Our themes fully support WordPress Custom Menus. If you are not familiar yet with this WordPress feature, please check the official WordPress Menu User Guide, which contains very detailed information about this feature.
Custom Page Templates back to top
All of our themes come with built-in custom page templates, each for different purposes. All of these templates can be used for multiple pages, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single page of a given template.
Castello Theme currently includes these custom page templates:
- Attractions List
- Blog Archives
- Booking Form
- Room Type
- Rooms List
- Testimonials List
Some of these page templates include additional options. After choosing a template for your page, click on “Save Draft”, “Publish” or “Update”, to save your changes. After that, pay attention to the additional options that will appear on the page, as in the screen-show on the right.
Different page templates have different options, so be sure to check them out. Some page templates don’t have additional options, such as the Blog Archives template.
Theme Support back to top
If any problem occurs during the installation process, or if the theme for some reason behaves differently than expected, you can always rely on our Hermes Customer Support.